First in a series of Bacon Jam-inspired outings, this recipe combines the subtle heat of green chile with smoky sweetness of the jam. Baby reds are my favorite potato to use for this recipe, but you can try it with your choice of spud. The results should taste just as great.
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes
- ½ cup milk
- 1 green chile pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Skillet Street Food Bacon Jam
- 1 tbsp softened butter (optional)
1. Dice 1 green chile pepper after removing its seeds.
2. Fill a pot with water, add 1 tsp sea salt, and bring to a boil.
3. Cut 2 lbs of red potatoes into cubes, and add to water.
4. When a fork easily pierces each potato, remove from water.
5. Add potatoes to a large mixing bowl and use a potato masher to lightly mash them.
6. Add milk, green chili, garlic and 2 tbsp Bacon Jam, and stir for 2-3 minutes. Salt and/or butter to taste.