Making a tagine is a great way to feed a large group without emptying your wallet or spending hours at the stove. Aside from being highly customizable with regard to ingredient blends, they also make an exotic visual presentation upon your dinner table. This one takes less than an hour to prepare and is best enjoyed over your favorite rice.
What You’ll Need:
• 2-2.5 lbs. boneless chicken
• 1.5 tbsp fennel seeds
• 1 tbsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp celery salt
• 1 tsp lemon pepper
• 1 tsp star anise seeds
• 1/3 cup raisins
• 1-3 sliced almonds
What To Do:
- To a small saucepan over medium heat, add fennel seeds and toast them until lightly browned, then add star anise seeds to saucepan with fennel and toast combined content for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Combine cumin, salt, and lemon pepper inside a large Ziploc bag. Seal bag and thoroughly blend contents.
- Cut chicken into 1- or 2-inch cubes and add to Ziploc bag. Massage the bag until all surfaces of the meat are coated with the blended spices. Let marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Add seasoned chicken to pre-heated tagine over medium heat. Cover with lid and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid to add raisins and almonds. Replace lid and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring once about halfway through. Serve over rice.