These are great topped with warm maple syrup, or whipped cream, though I’ve been told they’re sweet enough to enjoy just as they are. Always moist and filling, they’ll be a welcome sight on your breakfast table. Pair them with home fries, your favorite breakfast meat, fresh fruit, etc. and prepare to spend that next couple of hours after eating with a full and happy stomach.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 loaf challah bread
- 6 large eggs
- 4 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
What To Do:
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, whipping cream, sugar, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Cut bread loaf into 1 ½ – to 2-inch slices. One loaf generally yields six to eight slices.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Immerse both sides of each bread slice in beaten egg mixture until saturated.
- Place egg-soaked bread slices in skillet over medium heat and cook until bottom side of bread golden brown. Turn slices over and cook opposite side until golden brown.
[This post was shared with the IBA ShareBank]