I most recently used a pinot grigio for this one, but whatever your favorite white is will work just as well. Juicy shrimp come alive in this luxurious cream sauce lightly laced with the sweetness of tomato and wine. That the shrimp impart some of their own flavor to the sauce is a large part of what makes this easily-prepared dish so much fun to share as an appetizer, side, or small plate.
What You’ll Need:
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 1 tsp chunky garlic paste
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
What To Do:
- In a bowl, toss peeled, deveined shrimp with pink salt and black pepper until shrimp are evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add rosemary, heavy cream, garlic paste, sugar, tomato paste and stir until all ingredients are blended.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add seasoned shrimp and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are thoroughly cooked.