July 4th is tomorrow, and that’s enough to place many celebrants on the horns of an age-old dilemma: You wanna fire up the grill tomorrow in the name of Independence and party like it’s 1776, but don’t want to be cruel to your arteries or break your record for most calories taken in a single day. Rest easy, Patriot: bistroMD is way ahead of you. The website has constructed and shared with us a healthy version of the classic cheeseburger that sacrifices none of the flavor or richness we’ve all come to know and love. By simply using lean ground beef, reduced fat cheese, and lots of colorful veggies, and serving it with a salad and/or baked sweet potato, you too can enjoy a delicious BBQ meal that you can feel good about eating. USA! USA!
bistroMD’s Better For You Burger
- 3/4 pounds of extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- 4 slices of reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Lettuce and tomato slices
- Medium bowl (for making hamburger patties)
- 1 medium non-stick broiler pan
- Combine the hamburger meat, the chopped onion, and the mustard in a medium bowl. Mix the ingredients together to form 4, 1-inch thick patties.
- Take the formed patties and place in a medium-sized broil pan. Broil each patty for 5-7 minutes on each side for medium, to well-done burgers. (For more rare burgers, broil 3-4 minutes on each side).
- A few minutes before burgers are almost done, top each burger with a cheddar cheese slice to melt. Once cheese has been melted, remove burgers from the oven. Transfer each patty to a whole-wheat bun, and top with lettuce and tomato. Serve and enjoy!
bistroMD is the leading diet delivery program that provides the freshest, best tasting, and most nutritious meals. bistroMD was created by Dr. Caroline Cederquist, MD, who believes that food is medicine, and as such, bistroMD offers a variety of meal delivery programs targeting specific health needs such as weight loss, diabetes, hypertension, menopause, post-baby weight, gluten allergies, and more. All bistroMD meals are prepared fresh by top chefs and contain the finest and natural ingredients, real vegetables, sustainable protein, and have minimal to no chemicals or fillers compared to other top competitors, and are packaged in BPA free trays. www.bistromd.com