The heat is on, and so are the cocktails. Here are four more luxurious libations recently shared with us for the sole purpose of wetting adult whistles in a way that celebrates style and summertime.
Courtesy of VOGA Italia
Strawberry liqueur and strawberry puree bring their sweetness to this cocktail along with VOGA Italia Sparkling to create a drink whose coolness you’ll appreciate.
- 3 oz. VOGA Italia Sparkling
- .75 oz. Strawberry Liqueur
- 2 oz. Strawberry Puree
- 0.5 oz Lemon Juice
- 1.5 Tsp. Sugar
- Mint leaves for garnish
Combine VOGA Italia Sparkling, strawberry liqueur, strawberry puree, lemon juice and sugar in a glass. Stir and garnish with mint.
Teeny Bikini Coffee Martini
Courtesy of RealBeanz
Diet Cappuccino laced with vanilla goodness make this a sure winner for coffee lovers during the dog days.
- 3 oz. RealBeanz Diet Cappuccino
- 1 oz. vanilla vodka
- ½ oz sugar syrup
- Coffee beans to garnish
Combine all ingredients together with cubed ice in a Boston and shake. Pour into a martini glass and garnish with coffee beans.
Geisha Green Tea Cherry Margarita
Courtesy of Palais des Thés
Black cherry juice and cherry blossom–scented green tea give a luscious lift to a classic margarita.
- 12 ounces spring water
- 4 teaspoons of Fleur de Geisha tea*
- 12 ounces black cherry juice
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoon agave
- Sugar and ground ginger for rimming the glass
- Juice from 1 lime
- Juice from half an orange
- Splash of triple sec
- 4 ice cubes
- Lime slices for garnish
- In a small pot, bring the spring water to a simmer over a low flame (Do not let it boil.). Add the Fleur de Geisha tea and infuse for 3 minutes. Filter out the leaves by pouring liquid through a mesh strainer or remove teabags, if using. Let the tea cool, and then place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- For the margarita, combine a little sugar and a few dashes of ground ginger on a plate. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each glass then dip the rim into the sugar–ginger mixture. In a large cocktail shaker, combine the green tea, cherry juice, tequila, agave, lime juice, orange juice, and triple sec. Shake vigorously with ice until the outside of the cocktail shaker appears wet. Pour in glasses and garnish each glass with a slice of lime. Serve immediately. Yields 4 servings.
Adapted from a recipe created by Candice Birdsong of Pretty Girls Cook.
*Inspired by the Japanese Hanami tradition of cherry blossom viewing, Fleur de Geisha is a refined Japanese green tea, delicately flavored with cherry blossom. Available in 3.5oz/100 g loose tea canister ($19), 3.5oz/100 g loose tea pouch ($15) or boxes of 20 gourmet tea bags ($13)
Spicy Green Tea Rum Punch
Courtesy of Palais des Thés
A lighter, fresher take on a traditional rum punch featuring exotic flavors of pineapple, lime, and peach complemented by the unexpected addition of Thé des Fakirs, a spiced citrus green tea inspired by the Indian Chai tradition.
- 14 fluid ounces spring water
- 3 rounded teaspoons Thé des Fakirs*
- 2 fluid ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 5 fluid ounces peach liqueur
- 5 fluid ounces white rum
In a small pot, bring the spring water to a simmer over a low flame (Do not let it boil.) Add the Thé des Fakirs tea leaves and infuse for 3 minutes. Filter out the tea leaves by pouring liquid through a mesh strainer. Let the tea cool, and then place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
In a 32-ounce pitcher, combine chilled tea, lime juice, pineapple juice, peach liqueur and white rum. Stir and let the mixture chill for at least two hours before serving. Yields 7 servings. *Inspired by the Indian Chai tradition, Thé des Fakirs is a scented blend of green tea flavored with spices (cardamom and clove) with a hint of citrus.
Available in 3.5oz/100 g pouch ($15), 3.5oz/100 g metal tin ($19), box of 20 gourmet tea bags ($13).