In the Autumn, countless food and beverage flavors turn to suggestions of pumpkin and spice. Beginning September 29th, Smoothie King will continue that proud seasonal tradition by adding a brand new Pumpkin Smoothie to its menu.
The new pumpkin smoothie will include an Immune Enhancer with Vitamin C, Echinacea and green tea, and will be available in a better-for-you version made with Chobani® Greek Yogurt that delivers 15 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber. A healthier way to indulge during the holidays, this soon-to-debut treat is intended to serve as a great immunity builder as well as an excellent source of protein and antioxidants.
For more information, visit www.smoothieking.com
How Well Do You Know The Pumpkin? Here Are A Few Fun Facts:
- The word pumpkin originates from the word pepon, which means “large melon” in Greek.
- Pumpkins are one of the most popular crops in the U.S., with production over 1.5 billion pounds a year.
- Pumpkins can be boiled, baked, steamed, or roasted.
- Most parts of the pumpkin are edible, including the shell, the seeds, the leaves, and even the flowers.
- Cinderella’s fairy godmother turned a pumpkin into a carriage…but only until midnight, when the carriage turned back into a pumpkin.
- In Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, the main character, Jack Skellington, is the “Pumpkin King.”