If you’ve visited this site in the past, then you’ve learned by now that any friend of ours is a friend of yours too, with regard to sharing info on good things to eat and drink. In this post are gathered a few more great alcoholic beverage recipes, courtesy of some friends of ours, for you and yours to enjoy between turkey, touchdowns, and tryptophan-induced naps this Thanksgiving and throughout the holiday season.
NoMa Social rings in the holiday season with a Candy Cane Cooler that screams Christmas spirit. Bare Organic Mixers decks the halls with its Spiced Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita. Balls Vodka serves us three classics: a great Gingerbread Martini, an elegant Egg Nog, and a charming Candy Cane-Infused Vodka. Pour these during your holiday happenings for five fun takes on the celebration season cocktail.
- 2 oz Balls Vodka
- 2 oz Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 oz Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz Gingerbread Syrup
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream, half melted
- 1 Gingerbread Cookie
- 1 cup Crushed Ice
- Crush gingerbread cookie and frost the rim of glass with it.
- Half fill cocktail shaker with crushed ice.
- Add all remaining cocktail ingredients in it. Shake until frosted from outside.
- Take garnished martini glass; strain and pour mixed drink in it.
Candy Cane Cooler
- 1 tbs crushed soft peppermint candy
- 1½ fl oz vodka
- splash of white creme de menthe
- ¼ fl oz brandy
- ½ fl oz half-and-half
- Crushed ice
- Peppermint stick for garnish
- Mint sprig for garnish
Combine the vodka and crushed peppermint. Stir to dissolve. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and garnish.
- 1 oz eggnog
- 1 oz amaretto
- 1 oz Balls Vodka
- Cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
Combine the ice, eggnog, amaretto, and vodka in a shaker. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish the cocktail with a little bit of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Spiced Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita
- ¼ c Spiced Cranberry Simple Syrup
- ¾ c Bare Mixer’s Pomegranate Cranberry Cosmo
- ¼ c Bare Mixer’s Margarita
- ¾ c Silver Tequila
- ½ c Patron Citronge or Grand Marnier
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Sugared Cranberries
- Green sugar for rimming glasses
For Spiced Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 3/4 c water
- 2/3 c agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp whole allspice
- 2 Tbsp whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- One 2″ fresh nob of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 c fresh cranberries, rinsed
For Simple Syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat until combined. Raise heat and simmer the mixture for about 5-6 minutes or until the cranberries start to split.
- Once most have split remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid. Let sit for 2 hours for the flavors to infuse.
- After the two hours strain the mixture into a jar using a mesh strainer, pressing the mixture against the strainer to extract all of the flavor. Keep in a resealable container and chill completely until ready to use.
- Dip the rim of the glasses in a shallow bowl of the simple syrup and then immediately into a shallow bowl of green dyed sugar. Let dry completely.
- Once dry fill the glasses with ice. In a cocktail shaker with ice add 4 Tbsp of the spiced cranberry simple syrup, the tequila, orange liqueur, Bare Mixer’s Pomegranate Cranberry Cosmo and Bare Mixer’s Margarita.
- Cover and shake well then strain into the 4 glasses. Taste and add more simple syrup if desired. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and sugared cranberry skewers.
Candy Cane Infused Vodka
- 8-10 miniature candy canes
- 1-1/4 cups Balls vodka
- 1 wide-mouth pint Mason jar
- Add the candy canes to the Mason jar.
- Pour the vodka over the candy canes and seal the Mason jar with lid.
- Place in a cool, dark spot in your kitchen and shake up every few hours.
- Infuse the vodka for up to 24 hours, although candy canes will dissolve much faster.
- Store the vodka in the Mason jar in the refrigerator.