Manhattan’s Upper West Side just got tastier. Award-winning French mustard producer Maille recently opened New York’s first-ever Dijon mustard boutique, located at 185 Columbus Avenue (at 68th Street.)
“The Maille Boutique showcases ‘culinary couture’, from go-with-everything gourmet classics to exclusive creations in line with seasonal trends,” said David Lowes of Maille. “Many New Yorkers and Maille fans have visited our Europe-based boutiques and are some of our most engaged and loyal customers. Now, with The Maille Boutique in New York and with The Maille Boutique Online coming soon, we are delighted that they, along with those who have yet to discover the brand, will have complete access to a wide array of Maille products, which were previously only available abroad.”
The brand’s fourth boutique globally and its first outside Europe, The Maille Mustard Boutique in New York offers over 20 mustard variations never before available in the United States, and other unique Maille products. Arguably the most intriguing of its United States firsts however, is the introduction of Maille’s U.S. Mustard Sommelier. Here are five pieces of information to help both regular patrons and newcomers get the most out of Maille’s selections.
Top 5 Things to Know About the Maille Mustard Boutique in New York:
- Exclusive to The Maille Boutiques, Mustard on Tap is served from an authentic French ceramic pump and filled to order in reusable stoneware jars. The Boutique will feature five varieties of Mustard on Tap including: White Wine; Chablis; Sauternes; Wholegrain Chardonnay; and Black Truffle and Chablis (a limited-edition product for the winter and holiday season). Once purchased, the beautifully crafted jars can be refilled at the boutique at a reduced cost
- A custom-designed Mustard Bar anchors the chic and contemporary boutique and offers complimentary samples daily to encourage experimentation and discovery.
- Maille’s U.S. Mustard Sommelier Pierette Huttner will be based at the NYC flagship boutique, assisting customers (much like a wine sommelier) in discovering the varieties that best suit their tastes, as well as suggesting food pairings to complement the product flavors.
- Unusual flavored gourmet mustard varieties such as Mustard with White Wine, Parmesan and Basil; Mustard with Dijon Blackcurrant Liqueur; and Mustard with Fig and Coriander. Also available: seasonal collections and limited-edition mustard varieties; Maille’s signature cornichons; a selection of vinegars and oils; and accessories for both the kitchen and the table. The boutique is also a perfect place for holiday gifts for discerning food lovers, offering a selection of beautifully-packaged gift sets as well as gift boxes to arrange a handpicked selection.
- In the near future, Maille will also launch The Maille Boutique Online, which will make all the products sold in the New York boutique – including Mustard on Tap – available for the first time on the web for nationwide shipping.
The Maille Mustard Boutique in New York is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. and Sunday from 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Address: 185 Columbus Avenue (at 68th Street), New York NY 10023. Phone: (212) 724-1014.
Maille is a premium French mustard brand, most famous for creating the finest Dijon and whole grain mustards. Founded in 1747 by Antoine Maille, who became the official Vinegar Maker and Distiller to the King of France, La Maison Maille has accumulated an extraordinary heritage of craftsmanship, creativity and innovation. Inspired by traditional artisan methods and more than 265 years of expertise, the creators at Maille use high quality ingredients to create complex flavors that make meals memorable.
[Images courtesy of Maille]
[This post was shared with the IBA ShareBank]