Want to leave Santa something a bit more memorable than a glass of milk this Christmas Eve? Zachary Blair, lead mixologist at award-winning Adirondack resort Whiteface Lodge is bursting with festive recipes ideas as well as holiday spirit. Sure, you and yours can enjoy these concoctions too; Santa needn’t have all the fun. Whether you sip them between carols and mistletoe kisses or pour yourself a reward after putting the little ones to bed, these are four tasty ways to celebrate the season.
- 2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 0.5 oz. cherry liquor (bottom float)
- 0.5 oz. white crème de cocoa
- 1 oz. Godiva white chocolate
- 0.75 oz. house made peppermint syrup
Directions: Shake and strain in glass rimmed with crushed peppermint candy.
Santa’s Night Cap
- 2 oz. apple pie-infused bourbon
- 2 oz. Rompope (egg liquor)
- Dash of Fee Brothers Whiskey Bitters
Directions: Shake and roll into rocks glass and garnish with nutmeg.
Taste of the Holidays
- 2 oz. Blue Line gin
- 1 oz. Christmas syrup (orange, clove, nutmeg, simple syrup)
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- Splash of club soda
Directions: Build in glass and add ice. Garnish with rosemary and drunken cranberry.
- 2 oz. apple pie infused bourbon
- Dash of whiskey bitters
- Splash of cranberry simple syrup
Directions: Garnish with an orange twist.