Spring is here. Temperatures are creeping higher. The season of renewed outdoor revelry and traveling for pleasure will soon be in full swing. The following cocktails, currently pouring courtesy of talented mixologists at some of the country’s most stylish resort/hotel bars, are best appreciated in the sun-splashed company of good friends and good food.
Whiteface Lodge’s Lead Mixologist Zachary Blair (Lake Placid, New York)
- 2 oz. Leblon Cachaca
- 1 oz. Banana Liquor
- 0.75 oz. Peach Syrup
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 3 dashes of Coffee Bitters
- Splash of lime
Directions: Shake and roll into a Collins glass.
McCoy’s Oceanfront at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
- 1.5 oz. St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 4 oz. Riesling
Directions: In an ice-filled wine glass add strawberries, blueberries, mint lemon and orange. Pour St. Germain and Riesling and top with soda water.
Red’s Restaurant & Lounge at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel (North Falmouth, Massachusetts)
- 3 oz. Mango Puree
- 0.5 oz. Bacardi Gold
- 0.5 oz. Sweet and Sour Mix
- Blend with 1.5 cups of ice until smooth and frozen
Directions: Garnish with slice of orange and mint.
Honeydew Cucumber Sour
elements at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain (Paradise Valley, Arizona)
- 1 oz. Martin Miller’s Reformed Dry Gin
- 0.5 oz. Freshly Pressed Lemon Juice
- 1.5 oz. Freshly Extracted Honeydew Juice
- ¼ oz. House Blended Clover Honey Syrup
- 1 dash Regan’s No. 6 Orange Bitters
Directions: Shake, pour, and add sliced cucumber.
Painted House Margarita
Henry’s Bar at the Harbor View Hotel (Martha’s Vineyard)
- 2 oz. Silver Tequila
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- 2 oz. of POM Pomegranate Juice
- House Made Sour Mix (Mix two cups of simple syrup to one cup of lemon juice, one cup of lime juice, and 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice)
- Lime wheel
Directions: Combine tequila, triple sec, sour mix and pomegranate juice over ice in a pint glass and shake back and forth into a metal shaker. Rim the pint glass with salt, pour contents from shaker into glass, and garnish with a lime wheel.
Shape & Spice Daiquiri
Gaby Bar at the Sofitel New York
- 2 oz. Lemon Voli Vodka
- 1 oz. Coconut Water
- 0.5 oz. Ginger Puree
- 0.5 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1.5 dash Tabasco
- 3 Blackberries
Directions: Muddle vodka, coconut water, ginger puree, lime juice, tobacco and one blackberry. Pour into a high ball glass filled with ice. Top with club soda and two blackberries.