Football season is upon us, and I was among the fortunate food bloggers chosen to participate in the #Foodiechats #GameDayCheese celebration of all the wonderful ways Sartori Cheese can play a role in your game day celebration menu. What follows is a recipe that I came up with using Reserve Cheese Chipotle Bellavitano®.
Sartori Reserve Chipotle Bellavitano®-Filled Chicken & Spinach Meatballs
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/3 cup Panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1.5 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3 shallots
- 2 Tbsp died pancetta
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 1/2-inch cubes Sartori Chipotle Bellavitano® Cheese
What to Do:
- Add olive oil and pancetta to a pan over medium heat and fry until pancetta begins to lightly sizzle.
- Mince shallots and add shallots and spinach to pan. cook until spinach wilts and shallots soften and begin to turn translucent. Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Using your hands, mix Panko, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, Mexican oregano, and cooled spinach/pancetta/shallot mixture into ground chicken.
- Form the mixture into balls and flatten into discs of roughly 2 inches diameter. PLace a cube of cheese at the center of each disc and form meatball around it.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or meatball until inner temperature reaches 170 degrees.
Find more great #GameDayCheese to liven up your football snack table at www.sartoricheese.com.