We told you we’d be back (You believed us, didn’t you?). You know the drill by now, so we needn’t waste your precious time spelling it out in detail: the long and short of it is that here’s another round of holiday gift-giving ideas, a follow-up to Part 1 of our 2016 suggestions, for this Christmas season. You knew all that, though. So go ahead and cast a glance below for that perfect little something to round out your list of people who’ve been good enough this year to warrant your (considerable) generosity.
For the Wooded Alcohol Enthusiast
The Oak Bottle
Starting at $32.95
Revolutionizing the beverage and bar industry, this item lets consumers transform their inexpensive wines and spirits into oaked, vintage-tasting beverages within just a few hours. An affordable tool for bringing the art of home-aged liquor, wine, and even beer to adventurous taste buds, the Oak Bottle can also be customized with unique designs for exceptional holiday gift-giving. The vessel is made from the best American white oak, and charred inside using traditional oak-aging processes to achieve a medium toast level.
For the Creature of Comfort
Spoonful of Comfort
Starting at $69.99
Spoonful of Comfort creates delicious and handcrafted specialty soups, that make great gifts to warm both heart and tummy this Winter. Available in chicken noodle soup, tomato basil, and mushroom, the soups are made using the finest ingredients. In addition to the 64 oz. jar of soup (which serves 4-6 people), dinner rolls and cookies can be added to orders to complete a tasty meal. Some packages also allow the accompanying soup ladle to be personalized in some packages, and for yet more add-ons like calming teas, an attractive apron, or a blanket, for a more special touch.
For the Kitchen Techie
FoodSaver FM5000 Series Food Preservation System
An authority and top-selling brand in vacuum sealing food preservation technology, FoodSaver® has launched its FM5000 Series Food Preservation System just in time for the holidays. This one’s got some new features over previous models, like an Express Bag Maker that reduces vacuum sealing steps by half, and a new Vacuum View Window that affords the user better control during vacuum sealing, thereby reducing roll waste. It also combines a powerful upright vacuum sealing system to vacuum seal bags for long-term freezer storage with an integrated retractable handheld sealer to vacuum zipper bags and containers that keep refrigerated foods and pantry items fresh. Perfect for the foodie who is particular about how their food is stored and enjoys a more hand-on approach to preserving their edibles.
Get it: http://www.foodsaver.com/
For the Sophisticated Rummy
FACUNDO Rum Collection
MSRP $45.00 – $250.00
Comprised of four exquisite hand-blended sipping rums, this collection is a limited release of rare blends sourced from the private rum reserves of the Bacardi family.
Whether you buy one, or buy them all, these aged rums make the perfect gift for the sophisticated drinker (not to mention the spirits enthusiast and budding at-home bartender) in your life as well as being ideal for serving during your holiday get-togethers. The four-bottle Collection was designed to be sipped in a progression of occasions, each to suit various moments of celebration and reflection, making it the optimal choice for the holiday season. It consists of FACUNDO NEO (a sheer blonde rum aged up to 8 years before it gets blended and carbon filtered to remove any color), FACUNDO EXIMO (a blend of medium to heavy bodied dark rums aged in fine oak barrels, and the only marque to be blended before aging), FACUNDO EXQUISITO (a marriage of younger rums aged seven years with matured rums aged 23 years aged in oak barrels and finished in sherry casks), and FACUNDO PARAISO (a blend of dark rums aged up to 23 years that is filtered over activated carbon and then rested in French (XO) casks for a minimum of one month). All of these add up to a gift that has “ultimate sipping experience” written all over it.
For the DIY Gourmand
Gardener’s Supply Company Gardener’s Pantry Collection
Take your pick of these kitchen-themed do-it-yourself kits, all made in the USA. Your favorite foodie will relish making his or her own hot sauce or mustard, and fresh cheeses like mozzarella and ricotta. Each kit containing everything one needs to see a project through from start to finish, along with a wide variety of more than reasonably-priced options, means an opportunity to bring new meaning to the word “homemade.” Here’s the list of available kits with individual pricing:
- Spice Things Up with Homemade Hot Sauce
- Gardener’s Pantry “Homemade Hot Sauce Kit.” This DIY kit contains everything you need to craft three different 5 oz. bottles of spicy goodness, including spices, vinegar and bottles, plus our exclusive pepper puree bases for ultimate flavor. Surprise your favorite hot sauce lovers with gifts they’re sure to enjoy. Made in the USA ($29.95)
- Gardener’s Pantry “Deluxe Homemade Hot Sauce Kit.” Deluxe kit makes six different hot sauces. Made in the USA ($39.95)
- Make Your Own Zesty Mustard
- Gardener’s Pantry “Homemade Mustard Kit.“ Whip up your own delicious mustard with this DIY kit. It includes all the ingredients you need to make three different varieties. A fun family activity with delicious results! Three 4 oz. jars included. Made in the USA ($29.95)
- Make your own Artisan Cheese- Just Add Milk
- Gardener’s Pantry “Mozzarella & Ricotta Homemade Cheese Kit.“ Proudly serve fresh, natural cheeses with flavors and textures that far outshine mass-produced supermarket fare. Kit contains instructions and recipes plus enough ingredients to make 30 batches of cheese. Made in the USA ($29.95)
- Gardener’s Pantry “Deluxe Cheese-Making Kit.“ Make your own favorite cheddar, Gouda, Colby, Monterey Jack, cottage, feta, ricotta and parmesan cheeses. Kit contains enough ingredients to make 20 lbs. of cheese. (Use our Cheese Waxing Kit, sold online, when making hard cheeses.) Made in the USA ($39.95)
- Make your own Pickled Vegetables
- Gardener’s Pantry “Homemade Pickling Kit.“ Whether they’re served as a condiment, side dish or salad, homemade pickled vegetables bring bold flavor and satisfying crunch to everyday meals. This DIY kit includes everything you need to craft one batch each of three types of pickles using your vegetables. Includes three, 16 oz. canning jars. Made in the USA ($19.95)
This article first appeared on FlavorfulWorld.com.