In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, Terra’s Kitchen shared this tasty recipe for a Healthy Greens Stir-Fry that’s sure to dress up any celebratory meals you throw down this holiday. It works well enough as a flavorful main feature if you’re looking to depart from your usual St. Patrick’s Day fare. Or for those purists for whom it just isn’t the holiday without hearty meats, stews, and Shepherd’s pies on the table, it makes a side dish that dances like a pro with those and virtually any other entrée. You could be looking at a future favorite dish here.
St. Patrick’s Day Healthy Stir Fry
Courtesy of Terra’s Kitchen (Serves 4)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup spinach, packed tightly
- 4 baby bok choy, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ cup scallions
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Canola Oil
- Heat wok or large skillet to high. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Sauté the garlic and ginger together.
- Add the sugar snap peas, spinach, bok choy, broccoli, fish sauce, and half of the sesame oil.
- Stir-fry quickly until the vegetables start to brown slightly and become tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining sesame oil, scallion, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Pro Tip: Remember HPCO! Hot. Pan. Cold. Oil. When stir-frying always remember to heat your wok BEFORE you add the oil. HPCO goes for sautéing too.