Easter weekend is here, and given its significant focus on eating and drinking, it feels safe to assume that more than a few kids you know will spend the holiday gorging on seasonal bunny-themed chocolates and other sweets. That doesn’t mean adults can’t get in on the festivities with some treats tailored to grown-up sensibilities. One need look no farther than this page. Just pick a favorite (or two, or five) from this list of Spring-themed cocktails and mocktails made with zero-calorie Sparkling Ice and renowned Italian winery, Santa Margherita. While the little ones are hunting for Easter Eggs, the grown-ups will be hunting for refills of these delicious refreshers.
Kiwi Shrub Mocktail
- 1 cup kiwis, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped, pod reserved
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar, unfiltered
- Sparkling Ice Grape Raspberry
Place the kiwi, brown sugar, and vanilla bean seeds in a glass jar with an airtight lid. Muddle the fruit until fully combined with the sugar. Add the vanilla bean pod. In a small sauce pan bring vinegar to a simmer. Pour vinegar over the kiwi mixture and seal tightly. Shake the mixture a few times and place in refrigerator for 24 hours up to a week, dependent on how strong you’d prefer the flavor. Once ready, strain the fruit mixture using a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth. Mix equal parts shrub with Sparkling Ice Grape Raspberry and serve over ice. Adjust amount of shrub to your preference.
Lemon Peach Cocktail
- 3 slices apple
- 3 slices peach
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. rum
- 4 oz. Sparkling Ice Peach Nectarine
In a cocktail shaker, muddle apple and peach. Add lemon juice and rum, then shake. Strain mixture over an ice filled glass. Top with Sparkling Ice Peach Nectarine. Garnish with a peach slice then serve.
Mango Blueberry Mojito Mocktail
- 16 fresh mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mango, plus additional for garnish
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 ½ cups Sparkling Ice Orange Mango (from a 17 oz. bottle)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
In bottom of two separate tall glasses, add 8 mint leaves each and 1 tablespoon each of chopped mango and blueberries. With muddler or end of wooden spoon, muddle the mint mixture together. Add 3/4 cup Sparkling Ice Orange Mango and 2 tablespoons lime juice to each glass. Add remaining 1 tablespoon each of chopped mango and blueberries and ice to fill each glass. Garnish with mint sprig and slice of fresh mango.
Raspberry Peach Prosecco Punch
Ingredients For 10:
- 12 oz. frozen raspberries
- 2 cups peach nectar, chilled
- 1 bottle of Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG, chilled
Place frozen raspberries in a large glass pitcher or bowl. Top with the peach nectar and Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG. Fill remainder of the pitcher with ice cubes. Stir and serve cold.
Peachy Keen Cocktail
- 1 bottle prosecco, preferably Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG
- 3 fresh peaches, pitted and halved
- 1/2 oz. fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Cups crushed ice
Place peaches, sugar, lime juice, ginger, and prosecco in blender. Blend at medium speed until smooth. Add ice to the blender and process.
This article first appeared on FlavorfulWorld.com.