This July 4th, while you’re watching the dazzling spectacle that is our nation’s annual independence celebration light up the sky, let these libations light up your palate. Whether your tastes tend toward beer, vodka, gin, or sweet wines, these drinks taste like the perfect addition to your 4th of July bash.
Summer Ale Spritz
- 1 bottle of Sam Adams Summer Ale
- 1 oz Rosemary Syrup*
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 0.75 oz Aperol
- Rosemary sprig
Method: Add Sam Adams Summer Ale, rosemary syrup, lemon juice and ice in a blender. Blend ingredients. Pour in a tall beer glass and top with an Aperol float. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
*Rosemary Syrup: In a saucepan, put 250 ml sugar and 250 ml of water. Add a handful of rosemary and cook on high for 7 minutes, while stirring the sugar to dissolve. After 7 minutes, let it cool for another 7 minutes and then strain.
- 3 parts elit Vodka
- Garnish of raspberry, blueberry and pearl onion
Method: Pour elit into a mixing glass and stir with ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a raspberry, blueberry and pearl onion.
Sweet Sparkler-Worthy Slushie
- 2 1/2 cups Jam Jar Sweet White
- 2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 1/2 cups ice
- Combine the raspberries and 3/4 cup of Sweet White in a blender. Blend until it reaches a slushy consistency and pour into four glasses.
- Rinse out the blender and add ice along with another 3/4 cup of Sweet White, blending until you reach a slushy consistency. Carefully add to the four glasses and spread evenly over the raspberry layer with a spoon.
- Rinse out the blender for a final time and add the blueberries and remaining 3/4 cup of Sweet White. Blend to a slushy consistency and carefully add it to the glasses on top of the last layer.
- Serve immediately!
Wet Hot American Summer Ale-tail
- 3 oz Sam Adams Summer Ale
- 1.5 oz Mezcal (preferably Del Maguey Vida Mezcal)
- 0.75 oz Lime Juice
- 0.5 oz Ginger Syrup (Can be substituted for simple syrup)
- 1 whole strawberry
- 2 slices of Jalapeño
Method: In a shaker, muddle the Strawberry and Jalapeño slices. Add the rest of the ingredients. Shake with ice and strain into a highball glass with ice. Top with 3 oz of Sam Adams Summer Ale. Garnish with a Lime wedge.
NOLET’S Silver Watermelon Sparkler
- 1 oz. NOLET’S Silver Dry Gin
- 1 oz. Sparkling Sake
- .5 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- .5 oz. Agave Nectar
- 3″ Watermelon Square
Method: Muddle watermelon with NOLET’S Silver, lemon juice and agave nectar in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice, shake and strain into a port glass. Top with chilled sparkling sake and stir. Garnish with a watermelon sphere.